The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) has awarded its highest honour, the Victoria Medal of Honour (VMH) to Nick this week.
This is fantastic news and we would all like to offer our congratulations to Nick for this super achievement!!!
The VMH is awarded to British horticulturists deserving of special honour by the RHS for horticultural excellence and personal endeavour and is regarded internationally as the highest distinction in horticulture. Only 63 medals are ever held at one time, Nick’s father Mr Andrew Dunn was also awarded the VMH in 2003.
Nick has been awarded this medal for his service to the horticultural industry and over 40 years working for and running Frank P Matthews. His other key achievements include: –
- President of International Plant Propagation Society (IPPS) 1984-1985
- HDC Hardy Nursery Stock Chairman
- Current Chairman of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Fruit, Vegetable and Herb Committee
- NFC Defra Advisory Committee
- Director of The Nuclear Stock Association (NSA)
- Director of The Batsford Foundation at Batsford Arbouretum
- Director of The Marcher Apple Network
- Author of ‘The Tree Guide for Gardens’ (2001)
- Running a successful UK Horticultural business
More information about the award can be found here: